Friday, September 2, 2011

Beer and Run Day 2:

Day 2!


Still feeling good, though tonight's beer is a big one.


My run was the usual route around the neighborhood.  I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't have to run on pavement.  I guess I could get my ass up early and go to the park, but fuck that....


In any event, 12.5km/7.77mi run.  And yeah, the beer kills most of the calories burned from that.  Oh well.


Link to Endomondo tracking....


Tonight's beer is Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA.  At the time of this writing, it is rated on BA as the #1 Black IPA in the world.  


My thoughts: Pours black as night with a light brown head that fades to lacing along the glass pretty quick.  Aroma is malty and rich.  Taste is rich and malty.  Hops and malt nicely blend with the alcohol content.  Great beer.  I'm gonna have to snag two or three of these to stick in the beer cooler to hold on to for later.


Damn fine beer.

No comments: